Thursday 1 May 2014

Product Review: Dawn Power Lift Dish Detergent

Ok, before I start writing about the dish soap itself, I want to say, I bought it on my own, with my own money. I am not getting paid to write this review.

I saw the dish soap in Wal-Mart, and I liked the fact that it said it had overnight soaking power, in just 5 minutes. I figured I would give it a try. I hate having to leave a dish to soak all night, and coming back to cold, grey goeey water.

I also go for scent, I don't want anything super flowery for my dishes, but I want to smell something clean when washing them. :) I picked the Vibrant Fresh scent. I really like it. I am very picky with things, I won't just give in to something because it gets promoted well. I went into using it, thinking it wouldn't work. It was inexpensive too. :D

It creates a nice foamy lather, which I like. It actually smells nice as well. On to the dishes. I find you have to be very liberal when adding the soap to the water, in order for the dishes to feel clean, and squeaky, but given that it's not expensive, I'm ok with that. It really does get most stuck on foods off in 5 minutes, no more than 15 for really really really baked in/dried on messes. The 15 minute soak is not required often at all. This soap really breaks down the stuck on messes really quickly, most times, its even less than 5 minutes.

I can only think of a couple cons with this product, the first being that it only comes in two scents. The next one is of course how you have to use what I feel is quite a bit to really get the dishes well cleaned, squeaky, with no greasy residue.

The pros are it really does what it says, and gets the stuck on messes off. It also doesn't seem too harsh on my hands, though I would prefer it be milder, but we can't have it all! It also smells nice, and is inexpensive. Give it a try, I bet you will love it! :)

All in all, it is better than the other detergents I have used, and I won't be buying anything else, unless my old favourite, Sunlight, comes out with their version of this overnight soaking power. :) Sunlight dish detergent, the scent of the classic lemon...I love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment