Sunday 27 April 2014

Chicken Bacon? Is it any good? Is It Really "Healthy"?

So, I decided to try Chicken Bacon yesterday, because it has to be healthier than bacon. Also, it was at the grocery store buy 1 get 1 free. The regular bacon was also on sale for buy 1 get 1 free, but they were all gone, and there was a TON of chicken bacon left. lol. I guess most people won't try it.

Anyway, I've been wanting to try it ever since my Husband's diabetic nurse said that it was good, and tasted like bologna. I don't know what brand she ate, but mine did NOT taste like bologna. It tasted....drum roll please......exactly like BACON!! I know, you're probably rolling your eyes, and not believing me anyway right? It does honestly taste JUST like BACON! The texture is not the same, the texture is like the pepperoni on those Delissio pizzas after they're cooked. It is quite nice actually.

I would have liked for it to be less salty, because two slices, which is the serving size, has 14% salt. OMG. Of course regular bacon probably has more salt, but still.

I think that you should give it a try, when you have time. The brand I have was Maple Lodge Farms or something like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment