Saturday 17 May 2014

Product Review: Ninja Professional Blender

I thoroughly researched this product before I bought it, because I noticed it was on sale at Canadian Tire. I really wanted a blender that could make better coconut milk, almond milk, etc, and the blender I had was fine, but that was it, it was only fine. Not great. I had to do a lot of prep work to get my coconut milk and almond milk to turn out well, and I don't always feel like doing that, and don't always have the time.

There were a few Ninja blenders on sale at Canadian Tire in my area, so I looked into them all. The most affordable for me at this time, was the $99 dollar version, which is usually $149.

It was the Ninja Professional Blender. It is 1000 watts of awesomeness. Most Blenders are from 250-700watts, 700 being really on the higher end, and not many are at that point. The next Ninja up is 1500 watts, so I imagine it would turn water into air LOL, if this blenders power at 1000 watts is any indication. It also has blades that go up the stem, through the middle of the larger jug, 6 in total, in 3 spots. I've yet to try a carrot in there, but that's going to happen soon enough. I did try almonds, coconut, frozen strawberries, and ice. All were an awesome success.

The only thing I don't like about this blender, is that the mason jar trick doesn't work with this one. Mason jars do not fit into it, like it does on older blenders, and even the bullet style blenders. Boo!! I was so hoping it would, because it means you have more single serve cups and less clean up right?

Anyway, I hope to be able to buy the better one in the future, but really, this actual one is great, I just would like a little more power for the things I want to do, such as making smoother coconut milk, and then drying the pulp to make flour. This one does the trick, but I imagine the other one would do it a little better. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment