Wednesday 25 June 2014

Pinterest Pin Find : Dish Soap & Vinegar Shower Cleaner UPDATE

Ok, so in my last post before this one, I included a link to a vinegar, and dawn dishsoap shower cleaner recipe.

Let me tell you that you need to follow the exact recipe, and not try to MacGyver it like I did. I might have spelled MacGyver wrong, but you know who I mean! Anyway, I used pickling vinegar, which is 7% acetic acid, as opposed to regular vinegar, which is 5% acetic acid. Yeah. Just don't! I also didn't have Dawn dish soap, because I much prefer original scent Sunlight Dish Liquid! The smell just makes me feel happy, and it sudses up real nice. Yes, SUDSES!! I am super cool, which gives me license to make up words when I feel that normal words don't cut it.

So, I heated the vinegar in the microwave, and phew...it stank, and not in a nice vinegar way, but in a strong nose stinging kind of way. Gross. So anyway, I thought that was my vivid imagination, and proceeded to try to lift the glass bottle from the microwave with no oven mitt. What a dunce I am! I burned my delicate finger tips! So once I smartened up, and put the oven mitt on, I took the steaming vinegar out, then I waited for it to cool for like 10 seconds, (I should have waited much longer), then I poured it into the spray bottle I had, with about 2 tbs of Sunlight. I shook it. It didn't gel. Ok, I figured it might not.

I sprayed it on the shower. It foamed. Ooh, that looks like it's cleaning! I spritzed and sprayed a LOT, and then I realized that the mixture was very overwhelming, scent wise, like it was having a negative effect on my breathing. I'm not asthmatic or anything, but it was really bad. I quickly started the cool water running and rinsed the stuff out of the bathtub and shower, and got out of there. I WON'T do that again. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should always follow the recipe for cleaning products, unless you're a scientist or something and know exactly what you're doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment