Monday 16 June 2014

DIY: Natural Blackhead Removal Mask

Ok, I know that at least some of you are going to say; "Yeah, Right!".

I have tried this, and it really DOES work! I know for sure. I have tried LOTS and I do mean LOTS of blackhead removal masks, creams, and methods in the past. Nothing works as well as this little recipe I'm going to share with you.

The chances that you have the only two ingredients that you'll need already, are VERY high.

Do you have baking SODA? Yes? YAY!

Do you have Lemon juice? Yes? YAY!

You're all set. Well, not really, here are some mini instructions, to get you on your way. :)

First, get a little teeny tiny bowl, or something to put about a tablespoon of baking soda in.
Then, add a generous, but not TOO generous of a squirt of lemon juice in there. I'm going to assume it's about 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon. Once you squirt the lemon juice into the baking soda, the mixture will fix. Stir it around a bit. If it seems too chunky, add a little more lemon juice, be careful not to add too much. If it seems too runny, add a little teensy bit more baking soda. Once you have a little paste, about the consistency of say slightly loose mashed potatoes, add the mixture to the areas of your face that you are prone to blackheads and clogged pores. Leave it on for about 10-20 minutes. After 2-3 minutes, you will feel a little tingle, that's the baking soda, and lemon juice working together, to clean out that gross gunk in your pores. YAY!

Wash it off with a little water, or a damp washcloth, and you're done. Don't add anything extra to your face, and don't use soap or facial cleanser, unless you've made it yourself.

I'm trying to lead a chemical free and mostly natural life, and I encourage, but won't pressure you to do the same. I say this as I have a half empty bottle of diet pepsi next to my computer. I know right?? I couldn't resist it though. Just this one, I promise. I won't ever touch another one until next time! I honestly am trying to beat the craving for man made/chemical foods. If you need a laboratory to make it, I'm trying to stay away from it. You hear me XANTHAN GUM?

Anyway, let me know if you try this, and how well you love it ok?


2 comments:

  1. . Be that as it may, with the correct remover, you can undoubtedly expel them and leave your skin delightful and smooth. blackhead removal tool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though, they are hardly noticed from a distance, but they look bad if seen from close. What will you do? Well, I have a solution to make blackheads go away instantly! Introducing.... *drumrolls* how to remove blackheads on nose

    ReplyDelete