Tuesday 22 April 2014

Swiffer Sweep & Trap: Product Review

I saw the new ad for the Swiffer Sweep & Trap about 2 weeks ago, and I thought it would be perfect for me, since I always forget where I put the charger for the Swiffer Sweeper Vac.

I looked at my local Wal-Mart, and it wasn't there, so I quickly forgot about it again. :(

One day as I was begrudgingly looking around Canadian Tire with my Husband, (I say begrudgingly, because for some reason, I hate(d) Canadian Tire, more on this and my change of heart another time.) Anyway, I was looking around CT, and I went through the aisle with the cleaning stuff, because I was looking to see if they had any Barkeepers friend, and they don't. I saw the Swiffer Sweep & Trap, and it was about $23, I can't remember the exact price. I got it, and was excited to try it.

Once I got it home, I of course quickly tore it out of the awkward packaging. That was really really annoying, the packaging is weirdly placed. I don't like it.

First impressions were, this is stupid. It only has 2 free sweeper cloths with it. Come on people, you can't throw in a whole pack? You can't put a coupon in there or something? 2 cloths??

So anyway, I tried it as it was, and it was awesome. Picked up a lot of stuff, but not nearly as much as the Swiffer Vac, and nothing is as good as the broom or a regular broom vac.

I also noticed that hairs were getting caught up around the little wheel, but all was fine.

Then today, I go to use it again, and it was really really awkward, it wouldn't move right. I can't explain it, but it does not feel right. I cleaned the hairs from the bottom, cleaned the little dirt trap, and replaced the cloth with a clean one. I tried going in the wrong direction, the right direction, up, down, north, south, east, and west, and it feels wrong in every direction. It was like the little wheel on bottom simply doesn't want to move right. I had to exert a lot of pressure on it to make it move at all, and then I got a hand cramp. I'm not very pleased with it at all. I didn't keep the box, because it tore off awkwardly like I mentioned, so I can't really bring it back.

I would give this item a 1 out of 5. It picks up a bit more than the regular swiffer, but not nearly as much as the sweeper vac. I'm at the end of my rope with Swiffer anyway. The wet jets keep wearing out, the sweeper vac keeps breaking down, and I've gone through countless units of each. I'm giving up on Swiffer gimmicks from now on, and will wait for Vileda to come out with their better versions. The Vileda pro mist mop is infinitely better than the Swiffer Wet Jet, and the Vileda has a refillable container, does not need batteries, and you can use any kind of resuable pads with it that you want. It can't be the dry cloths, because they don't absorb liquid, but you can even use a terry cloth towel if you wanted, if your included reusable Vileda pad was already dirty.

I've included a captioned picture to show the area that causes me the trouble. Please excuse the dirty sweeper cloth, but I have three dogs, and they shed. LOL.


That is all. I hope I've helped some of you make up your minds about the Swiffer Sweep & Trap. It's NOT worth the money. It's worth maybe $7.99, but even then I wouldn't ever buy it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment