Wednesday 22 October 2014

Almond Joy Coffee Creamer in Canada? No Way! DIY Recipe Included.

Recently, an american friend of mine told me about Almond Joy coffee creamer from International Delight. I was so excited, I really really love coconut, and chocolate.  The thought of indulging in that flavour in my once daily coffee blew my mind. However, I ws sorely disappointed to realize that this particular variation was not available in Canada. I found a recipe online, but made a few tweaks, because I wanted to make a bigger batch, and, I didn't have any almond extract.

Here is my recipe: (This will make a lot, you can half it if you need to.)
1 500ml carton of fresh whipping cream
1 355ml can evaporated milk
12 tbsp of coconut palm sugar. (You may use regular Raw sugar)
1.5 cups shredded coconut. (It is  important this is unsweetened, and NOT dessicated)
6 tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1/3 cup slivered almonds, or better yet, 3 tbsp of almond butter

Pour all ingredients into a high powered blender, (I have a Ninja Professional 1100 watt), or a food processor.  Put it on high for at least 4 minutes. You may want to strain your creamer through cheesecloth, or a wire mesh strainer, but I didn't. I love chewing on coconut chunks. I used slivered almonds, because I was out of almond butter, and I had forgotten to make the almond butter myself, ahead of time. I didn't find that there was much, if any flavour of almonds what so ever in this recipe, but it was delicious nonetheless.

I imagine if there is too much for me to use up in 2 weeks, I will make a milkshake with some of this, or muffins, or cookies, Make sure you put this in the fridge right away. This will keep for about two weeks,  but I don't think that it will last long enough to spoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment